Tuesday, February 24, 2015

It takes a village!

What am I going to do with this child of mine?!?!?

So...

'Here's the story'{as Alexis said to Pawpaw this morning} tooo funny!

So, here's the story from this morning....

I was getting ready this morning and waiting on Pawpaw to come over because he kept the girls and took them to school since there was a weather delay....

Alexis comes in my bedroom and informs me that she has already brushed her teeth 'all by herself'

Well, she can brush her teeth all by herself...she has been doing that for awhile now, but Tyler and I still have to get the towel for her because it is out of her reach from where it is hung and she always makes a huge mess with water every where...

So, I ask her....'Well, Alexis, how did you dry your face?' {knowing that she cant reach the towel and knowing that I have to 'force' her half the time to brush her teeth so it is amazing to me that she took it upon herself to do it without me telling her to go and do it}

She says 'Mommy, I used my shirt'.............as she is demonstrating wiping her face with her sleeve!!
{She almost had me there....almost convinced} until....................

I ask her the next question.....

'Alexis, how did you dry off the counter top and your toothbrush???'......

And.............this is when I get the guilty face because she didnt think about that part in her master plan to make me think she brushed her teeth!!

So, I ask her one last question....

'Alexis, did you actually brush your teeth????'.........

She looked at me and said 'No.'....'I just dont want to brush them'

You talk about BIG time trouble!!.....dont ever...ever lie to me! The truth will always be easier on you with me than lying!! {Alexis and Lily, when you read this years down the road, you better always remember what I just typed!}

So.....

Needless to say, she was punished and also has her IPAD taken away for the rest of the week too!

After that, we had a talk...

I explained to her how I do not like how she lied to me about brushing her teeth and then I explained to her that if she doesnt want to brush her teeth, then fine.................dont.

She looked at me with this surprised face that I actually told her that she didnt have to brush her teeth if she didnt want to.

I continued to explain to her that it is her mouth...and if she wants to have a yucky mouth, then that is what she will have if she doesnt brush. Also, explaining the fact that my teeth are nice and pretty white because I brush mine and not to come home crying when someone tells her that she has stinky breath and yucky teeth because of her choosing not to brush them.

Even after all of that, she still said that she didnt want to brush them.....................and 'Mommy, no one is going to tell me that I have yucky teeth and stinky breath because I dont have yucky teeth'.....

So, little does she know, I am friends {close friends} with her teacher Ms. Harper....

And the game plan was set!!........

I texted Jill {Ms. Harper} and told her what all went on that morning with Alexis and that I needed her to help me out with saying something to Alexis about it!.............

And Jill said:
{Jill wrote in the grey and my words are in green} :)


This {above} was the texting conversation between Alexis' teacher and I! PRICELESS! :) :)
When Jill sent me the picture below of Alexis brushing her teeth followed by 'Done!'....I laughed SO hard! :) :)
Little does Alexis know that I have ALL kinds of tricks up my sleeve that she has NO clue about!! {She had NO idea that I texted her teacher and put her teacher of all people up to getting her to brush her teeth} :)
When Alexis got home this afternoon, I asked her if anyone said anything to her about her teeth or her breath since she didnt brush her teeth this morning...
She said 'Yes, Ms. Harper said that my teeth were looking a little yellow in the back when she walked past me in my chair and asked me if I brushed my teeth today.' 'I told her no and she said that was yuck and gave me a toothbrush and toothpaste to go use at the sink to brush them!' hahahahaha!!! :) :)
She then told me that she was embarrassed that Ms. Harper thought she had yellow teeth and that she told her that she didnt brush her teeth..... {BINGO!!} :)
Maybe all of this will 'stick' with her and there will not be anymore problems of her not wanting to brush her teeth!! OH ME!! :)
It takes a village to raise a child! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment