Wednesday, August 13, 2014

A day in the life...


A day in the life of a big 1st grader! Today marked the first day for Alexis being a 1st grader!

She has been waiting for today for weeks!! 

It really kicked off last night as she made sure her bookbag had everything in it that she needed. She made sure I had her snack ready and made sure that I had her shoes for P.E. ready too.

She informed me that in the morning {today} that I needed to paint her toes and curl her hair! :)

So, once all of that was taken care of...she curled up and fell asleep even with all of her excitement!

This morning she woke up and was ready to go! I painted her toes............and her fingernails :) :) and curled her hair! We had a great breakfast and OF COURSE took some pictures before heading out the door! Everything on her check~list was complete! :)

As we headed to school she told me that she didnt need me to walk her in because she knew where to go! :(    Well, of course I was not going to accept that, so I told her that I would walk behind her to her classroom! :)

As we were walking {me walking behind her} she was just a bopping along with a huge smile on her face ! :)    Well next thing I know, she starts walking into the 'red pod' {which is the Kindergarten pod} So I say "Alexis, are in Kindergarten or 1st grade?"  And with a matter of face voice, she says "Mommy, I am not in Kindergarten, I am a 1st grader!" So.....I then ask her why she is going in to the 'red pod' instead of the 'yellow pod' which is for 1st graders!? She looks at me with the cutest face and says "Oh yeah, I am in the wrong spot!" :)  {She has just been so use to going to the 'red pod' area that she walked in there without thinking!} {See, I did need to help her after all!} :) It built my self~esteem back! :) :) haha!

When she made it into Ms. Harper's class, she was just in Heaven! The smile was stuck on her face! I gave her a big hug and told her I love you.....and that was it! My baby was on her way to her first day as a 1st grader!!

When she got home today, I asked her how her first day as a 1st grader went and she said...."It was amazing!" :) hahaha!

Future 2026 graduate!!

My two girls!
About to walk through the 1st grade classroom! :)
So excited to be in Ms. Harper's class!
This is what she did from the time she got home...to the time she went to bed! She played school with all of her animals and she was the teacher! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment