It has been a month. A month I never would have thought would ever be. There is so much and so much so that I just dont have the words.
But God.
God shows that even when your world is flipped upside down and you dont know up from down, he is there.
In this month of reflection, I can only say that I have felt God at every turn and every hill and every moment. He is getting me through.
I have been to exactly where God needed me to be during the past 3 weeks to hear some very good sermons at Church of Highlands and Church at Wills Creek. They have spoken directly to me and I literally do not know what I would do without His grace, love, forgiveness, strength, faith, hope, sovereignty.
I do not know, literally what the next day can hold. I have had to learn a lot of lessons in a month's time....more than most will probably do their entire life, but I am here. I am going to be okay and I know with Him, I can make it through anything that comes my way.
I am normally the person that has things planned month's in advance. I am normally the person that smiles through whatever situation. I am normally the person that can be counted on. I am normally the person that has 'all of her ducks in a row.' I am normally the person that wont let you down.
Well, God has humbled me. I feel Him say, I love you and I will show you the person you are supposed to be in this life, just give it all to me and lean on me for all things.
One of the messages from a past Sunday was Jeremiah 38, where he (Jeremiah) was cast into a waterless cistern and sinking into thick deep mud. It reflects a deep message that when there are discouraging moments when life feels overwhelming and that you feel you are drowning, that in those moments, God's presence, deliverance, and hope are there even in the depths. That even I can be pulled up from the mud, with dirty rags, and have God's light and love there for me to help me through.
Wow.
Also, another sermon I heard, John 16 and the end of Corinthians too, where Jesus acknowledged that in a world you will have tribulation. The sermon emphasized that you will have trails, distress, suffering as it is inevitable in human life, especially in a fallen and sinful world.
But through God, he encourages believers to take heart as He has overcome the world, to offer peace that transcends worldly troubles.
This is big...
the peace is not dependent on circumstances..............
but faith in Christ who provides comfort, guidance, and strength during hardships.
I have moments where I am hard on myself saying, I do not deserve God's love and comfort.
I have moments where I feel I dont deserve peace.
But, God provides.
I am thankful. I am getting through because he's got me.......even in times I dont feel worthy.
Thank you Jesus for all you do and all you are.
So, it has been a month since my world stopped but life keeps moving and there are things to do, wounds to mend, love to give, hope to have, faith to grow stronger, forgiveness to cover, and one of the biggest lessons I have been taught..........take one day at a time and make each day better than the day before.
No comments:
Post a Comment