Monday, February 8, 2016

A packed full weekend re-cap!

We had a packed full to the rim weekend!

I literally went non-stop!...

but, it was a great weekend of packed fun!

We started off the weekend by having dinner with Gran and Ben for Ben's birthday. We headed to Applebee's for dinner. I havent been to an Applebees in forever so it was a nice little change of scenery!

On Saturday, Alexis and I woke up at the crack of dawn and headed to ATL to spend the day with Meagan and celebrate Alexis' friend Carli's 8th birthday at American Girl!

Alexis had a blast! Not sure what it is about a doll store.....but she loved every second of it!

We enjoyed seeing Meg's new ATL...'big girl'...apartment, eating at the BEST Mexican restaurant that I have EVER had! This place had super fresh specialty tacos and I cant even tell you how good my Greek taco and my Santa Fe taco was! OH YUM!! After lunch we hit the shops and shopped until we dropped!...literally I thought my feet were going to fall off because they were killing me from the boots I wore! Oh my goodness......my feet still hurt! :)

Meg decided to come with us to Carli's birthday party so we headed to the Northpoint Mall in Alpharetta to celebrate Carli! Alexis loved being with her friends and eating in the store's little bistro! I was very proud of Alexis because instead of begging for another doll {she has 4 already} or clothes, etc...she asked for two American Girl Doll books to read! I was super proud!

We ended up spending the night with Meg since the party ended so late....and I didnt feel like driving back so late! We spent the rest of the night talking and catching up! It was the best!

THEN...bright and early Sunday morning, we drug ourselves out of bed and headed home to get showers and ready for Church. After Church we still hit the ground running by having lunch, going to the land in Piedmont to let the girls 'drive' and shoot guns, then we headed to the softball team's Fan Day to root them on! I am SO ready for their season to start soon! I love watching the softball and baseball team! :)

We didnt finish there after Fan Day. We loaded back up and headed to the Exum's for Super Bowl dinner and game!

We capped off last night with smore's by the fire looking at the beautiful night sky full of stars before heading home to crash and go to bed!

It was a great weekend!

I just had to paste their picture from their menu of the goodness! OH my, it was SO good! I cant wait to eat there again!! Tin Lizzy's.....remember the name! :)
banner-img

The three amigos! I just want to say that I am SO proud of this girl! She is living on her own in a 'big' girl city with a 'big' girl job and just doing so well! She is beautiful both inside and out and I am so happy to see her all grown up now! :)
Never a dull moment with these two! They had SO much fun trying on some crazy looking shoes!....oh, and some very expensive ones too!!
We made it to American Girl! If Alexis didnt ask Meagan and I a billion times when we were going to be there! Oh my, she was SO excited! :)
They enjoyed dinner and then cake!! They got the cutest party gift bag FULL of goodies!
Photo booth!!


The picture above!............let me explain who this is and why I have put her picture on here! Okay, loooong story short. I LOVE the Bachelor.....and the Bachelorette shows! So, when I first started watching these shows {what seems like a billion years ago}...this girl was on it!! Her name is Brook Smith {now Weaver} and she was runner up on her season of the Bachelor! I love picking the girls right when they get out of the limos...and when she stepped out, I was rooting for her first thing! Then I saw that she was from Alabama and that made me fall in love with her even more! So, God must have known that she didnt need to be picked because now she has met her prince charming and they have two beautiful little girls. She is my age and her girls are my girl's ages too! She is a news anchor now in Birmingham! WELL.....she was at American Girl!! Her little girl was having her birthday there! I got the courage to go up to her and we talked for a little bit and it was SO COOL to meet her!...................and talk to her...............and she acted like we were friends....and she shook my hand!! I didnt want to bother her anymore {also didnt have the courage} to ask her for a picture with her....so I wanted to put a picture of her up so I could post about how awesome it was to meet her! :)

And...so after a looong fun filled day.....we headed back to Meg's and curled up and talked the rest of the night! {also 'watched' Kung Fu Panda 2, even though it was in...we were too busy talking to watch it!} :)
When we finally decided to lay down, Vic texted Meg and so she wanted to take a picture to send him. Well OH MY her flash was so bright! This picture cracks me up because we were supposed to be acting like we were asleep {hince why Alexis and I had our hands like that...we were 'sleeping' on our hands} but the flash was so bright...that it hurt my eyes! ha!
We got home just in time to clean up and head to Church! Dont they look SO cute! :)
Alexis and I missed Lily and were SO happy to see her when we got home. Come to find out, Lily wasnt able to go to Carli's birthday {because it was $30.00 a person for the party...YEP!} So, she and Daddy stayed home and Lily had a fun filled day of her own! She hit the town shopping and a movie with Nan for the day! I dont think Lily missed us at all! :)
After lunch we headed to the land and we took a quick picture before I let Alexis 'drive!'
Then...it was Lily's turn while Daddy was doing some shooting! :)
And the fun continues!! FAN DAY! There were a TON of people! The girls loved being on the field and dancing and playing with Cocky!
This is SO funny to me! My girls know who to look at during a picture....and Sara Kate knows who to look at during a picture!...her Mom! :)
I didnt get any pictures over at the Exum's house while we were there but we enjoyed grilled out burgers, watching the game, the girls playing, and cooking smores before heading home and getting ready for Valentine's week! :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment