Tuesday, August 23, 2016

San Diego 2016!

Whew, I am back in the real world and I am trying my best to play catch up!

This week is the 1st week that students are back so between trying to recover from the trip, catch up on home stuff and my crazy work schedule, Im tired! :)

I had the best trip with my best cousins! The trip came at a perfect time and we all made a ton of memories that will last forever!
Here are our full days 1 & 2!
I headed to Birmingham to catch our flight on Tuesday night after work with Mal. We were SOOOO excited to hit the trip!
We got to Cali at around midnight their time {which meant 2:00am our time!!} So, needless to say we went straight to bed when we got there!
Our first full day was Wednesday! We were up and ready to explore! Margie got us all hooked on Aqci bowls {which are amazing and delicious and healthy} so we went to the cutest little surfer nook and had breakfast before heading out to shop and tour around!
This was my view! Margie got the cutest little mini cooper and we had the top back and it was great!
My views!
I LOVED all of the 'Palm tree rows!!'
We set out to see all the beaches. It was neat to see how each beach looked different. Some beaches had black sand...some grey sand...some sandy white sand. Some were more rocky....and some had huge waves. It was cool! Here we are at Mission Bay beach that literally was about 8 blocks from their house! YES!
After we did some shopping and touring and a fun lunch we went and saw Blake at this work! LOOK at this handsome man that I get to call my cousin! He looks so fancy! :) His company is literally in the nicest area called La Jolla. Right across the street from where we are in this picture is a beautiful old vintage hotel {and just so happens to be where the Kardashians like to have brunch! :)
This view is right down the street from where Blake works! I wouldnt be able to work if I were him! :)
This view is down from him too! There were seals everywhere!! Out on the island in this picture, was where they all liked to sit!
Beautiful!
We headed to this little spot and I thought it was a shop to just look at stuff. Well, it wasnt just a shop! They had a door and stairs that led to an actual cave! It was dark and wet and kind of scary but it was super neat! We went down 142 big wooden planked stairs to get to the bottom! Blake did it in his suit! :)
We made it to the bottom and to look out was amazing!
We went back to their place and then we back out on another adventure! Blake was skipping rocks!
And, this is their home! Look how sweet! They had NO air conditioning {which I thought was crazy} however, it is crazy to me how there is no humidity there. I went the whole time without sweating! Now, it was warmer in their house without air conditioning but they opened the windows and had fans so as crazy as it seems, it was fine!
I joked with them the whole trip that I could never live there because 1. You have to park everywhere on the curbs. There is no parking lots and the homes barely fit one car. 2. When you park on the curbs, you have to park SUPER SUPER close to the car in front of you. 3. There is no just pulling into a spot. Literally every time, there was a parallel maneuver that had to be done 4. If you didnt park 'correctly' people would literally put trash on top of your car as a 'You better park correctly the next time!!!" SOOOOO....with all of that being said....NOPE, couldnt do it! :) :)
We hit the beach after our full day and Mal and Blake did some surfing! It was so neat to watch them as I was soaking up the sun....with no sweat! :) {FYI, the ocean water was ICE cold! It was freezing because Blake said it was from the Atlantic current??!!} sooooo, I didnt get in it! :)
Look how good he has gotten!!!
On Day 2, Mal, Margie and I headed to Old Town while Blake worked and Meg hadnt gotten there yet. It was a neat little area with all the founding buildings of the area!
The Bank!
The circle of the town
The hotel! I could just picture how it was during this time era! Loved this and the shops and the fun lunch!
They had trolleys everywhere! Super cute!

Once we were done with Old Town, we headed back to their house and Blake cooked out for us and enjoyed the rest of the night relaxing and hitting the bed early because we were all exhausted. It was another perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment