Friday, February 12, 2021

Got it done

 Sooo...yesterday...I did it.

Tyler did it too.

We both got our COVID-19 vaccine.

What is crazy to me is......

really crazy....

is...

we still dont know, fully, what COVID is. Cant figure out why if affects some people one way and another person the other. How there is a different and new reaction to everyone that is sick almost every day. 

We dont know the full long lasting side-effects from it. Why some people have these side-effects and why some dont. Why a 'healthy' person who gets diagnosed with it {who has never had heart issues in the past} now has heart issues. 

Why it makes some people's hair fall out but not others like they claim it makes it do. 

Yet...we have vaccines now that is supposed to help 'cure' this unknown {still after a YEAR} sickness. Now they are saying......well......not sure how long the vaccine will work against immunity. Not fully sure of the long term side-effects of getting the vaccine....

but, yet, we should. We need to.

Now..........it is being said that NOW...not only is just one mask acceptable....but NOW {after a YEAR of this pandemic} we should be wearing two masks.

Two masks.

And....alllll of these new variations that are forming and new strains that no one knows about....NOW...we have alllll of that being introduced.

It is just mind blowing. It really is.

But....because I am apart of JSU Nursing. Because I am ready for this nightmare to be over. Because I want to help with immunity. Because I feel it is the right thing to do for my friends and family.

I had my first round yesterday.

I was super impressed with the Jacksonville Community Center and how they had the whole process organized. It was great to see a good bit of my Nursing students giving the vaccine. One of mine actually gave me my shot! She was so nervous and it cracked me up but she did a great job and I didnt even feel it! :)

My arm is sore today but so far I have felt fine! I go for my 2nd round in March and I have heard it is not fun! Soo.....I am not looking forward to that but....ya know...it comes with the territory so I will get that done when it is time.

So...here I am...

proof that I am helping save the world!

It was pouring down rain when I left the Community center to excuse my wet pullover! The piece of card stock will go down in the History books! Here's to kicking COVID-19 to the curb!



No comments:

Post a Comment