Thursday, January 28, 2016

It's a zoo out there!

Well, life lately has been interesting this week!

When we lived in Birmingham, our house had...

one tree in the front yard.

That was it.

Tyler planted a huge and beautiful Japanese Maple in our backyard because we wanted more than one tree in our yard and our backyard was SO hot also so the shade from the tree helped us too!

So, with all of that being said, we didnt have any 'animals' in our yard. What I mean by animals, we had no squirrels whatsoever, no chipmunks, and not even birds. {now dont get me wrong, we had some birds fly around, but not a lot} :)

I remember one time Tyler decided to put some bird feeders out around our backyard to draw in some birds....

well, buddy they came! We loved seeing all the birds, but the poop got SO bad that Tyler had to stop filling the feeders up! ha!

You might be thinking that we were living in like a dessert with no trees and no animals, but we really didnt. It was just how the neighborhood was designed. Thankfully our lot backed into a vacant area and a mountain so we had a beautiful view.

So, when we moved to Jacksonville, Tyler and I both really wanted to have a home that had the 'homey' feeling. That had trees and wasnt 'cookie cutter' like what we had in Birmingham.

Well, our backyard now!..........

OH MY!.........

I am just shocked at what all is in our backyard now!

We now have squirrels galore! {so many that Tyler now owns a BB gun!} :) In fact, I dont know if you have seen the Geico Insurance commercial where the guy is on a roof on top of a building and he is fighting the 'bad guys' with a helicopter hovering and while all of this action is happening is Mom calls and she is sitting on her couch so calm and peaceful and in the background there are squirrels chasing each other...

Well, that commercial reminds me of our backyard!

We have squirrels chasing each other! We have chipmunks, we have a ton of birds and....not just all of that 'regular' animals business... we have had a policeman shoot a rattlesnake in our backyard. YEP! We have had a TON of cats. I swear our neighborhood is the biggest cat loving neighborhood because we have cats everywhere, but never dogs. We dont have dogs running around! We have had opossums, a racoon {that wanted to eat Tickles!} and rabbits. One night I looked out the window and there were two huge deer standing in our backyard just chilling!

And the other night, I was awakened by a very loud 'gobbling' noise! I kept hearing it and just so confused at what was making the noise! I thought there was a really big Turkey in our backyard. So, I get up and cut the back porch lights on and to my very BIG surprise, there was a huge red fox sitting on our cushioned lounge chair on our deck! Just sitting there all curled up and acting like he was our pet or something! The light didnt scare him when I cut it on and I just couldnt believe it so I went and woke Tyler up so he could come out and look because to be honest, it was one in the morning and I thought I might have been dreaming that a fox was on our chair!

Tyler tells me to go and get my camera to take a picture and when I do, I move the blinds and that makes him get up and just hop down and casually walk off our deck! We think he might have been sick because he was so calm and not scared at all and he seemed to have a limp. We have no idea what made him cry those several times like he did but I for sure have been on the lookout for him and havent seen him since that night thank goodness!!

So....this is our fox! Yep, he is a fox....but this is not the fox I was trying to take a picture of! Yeah, it was 1:00am in the morning so I was not thinking very clearly that I would be taking a picture of our reflection! ha! I really hate that I didnt get a picture because he was beautiful! I have never seen a fox that close up or heard one either! It was neat to see!
We have a zoo in our backyard! Who knows what we will have next come up!
Tyler surprised me with flowers. It made my week! So thoughtful!
The girls have been working hard with homework this week! Lily cracks me up because every time Alexis is doing her work, Lily asks me to give her work for her to do. So, I make sheets where she has to trace things....and write her name, etc and she loves doing her 'homework' too!
I love getting Alexis' 'Wednesday' folder home on Wednesdays. She brings home all of the work and tests that she has done the week before and I love seeing her grades and her hard work! Yesterday was a great day for her! LOOK at all of these awesome grades!! Such a smartie!!
I started a Bible study Tuesday at a friend's house and I am so excited about it! The very first chapter and study was called 'I am worn out', The Worn out Woman.......................and boy, it hit home! I have a feeling this Bible study is going to be exactly what I need. I am looking forward to it as the weeks come!
Besides throwing in Awanas, haircuts, gym class, dance and regular other life in general, I would say we have had a great week and ready for FRIDAY tomorrow! Whoo hooo!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment