Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Breaking news!

So, this morning I went into Lily's room to see that she had 'made her bed' while I was helping her finish getting ready for school.

When I looked over at her dresser I noticed that she had her 'Giraffe-e' {as she calls it} and her blanket laying on it instead of back on her bed like she normally has it.

 I thought that was odd....very odd.....so I asked her why she didnt put all of that back on her bed {because after all, those two items are her most favorite things ever} and....

To my surprise,  she picked it all up and handed it to me as she began explaining that she wanted me to sell it!

SELL IT!!!

I was totally shocked!

It was so out of the blue that  when she said this, I was just in shock!!

This stuffed animal and her blanket is something that for years she couldnt be without.

She has worn the hair completely off the end of the tail because she would always rub it on the side of her cheek as she was falling asleep.....

She then proceeds to tell me that she is no longer a baby and that she is about to be 5 so she wants me to sell it to a baby so a baby can have it all!

It really was the sweetest thing...

and a wake up call for me that in fact, she is growing up!

I carried it into the kitchen and laid it on the counter and as we were leaving, she gave her beloved 'Giraffe-e' about 10 kisses and snuggled for a minute with her blanket before telling them both bye.

So, I hope that some sweet baby will love it as much as Lily did! :)

{I dont think I will ever be able to part with 'Giraffe-e!' Tyler put it in the garage for 'safe keeping!'}

She did ask me a little bit ago if  'Giraffe-e' and blanket sold yet. I told her that it did and it went to a sweet little baby girl. Her face lit up! It was the sweetest thing ever! She asked me what the little baby girl's name is....and the first name I could come up with was Sally. haha! She then says that Sally will love them and if I thought that Sally will rub the tail on her face because that is what she should do with it! :) :)

We shall see how it goes tonight at bedtime and in the days to come as to if she begs for it all back.

My little girl will always be my little girl....................even if she is growing up on me right before my eyes!......

The official last picture of Lily and her beloved 'Giraffe-e' and blanket! She actually even threw in her Frozen blanket and said we could sell it to a baby too!
She said that we could sell the blanket for $3.00 because it was really really soft and we could sell 'Giraffe-e'  for a $1.00 because she loved it so much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment