Friday, May 22, 2020

20 years ago!

It is so hard to believe that 20 years ago today I was a high school graduate!

I remember graduation night and even the next day...like it was yesterday!

Graduation night, my parents had a graduation party for me at our house. My parents had just finished the big deck around the pool so I thought it was the coolest thing to have a 'party' with all my family! We had a ton of food and I opened my graduation gifts! Then Riley, Alex, Zach, Misty and Kelly all came over and after they ate, we all 'went out!'

I felt so grown!

I felt like there was not a care in the world!

The next morning....I was still living on the high of being 'grown!' Just soooo excited about starting college in Auburn...

just everything!

Couldnt wait for my future!

To look back and remember that, makes me smile and makes my heart full as WOW...time has flown and look at me now!

I had hoped and prayed for a life like I have now and to see it happening and seeing all I have done and been through and lived through and just the experiences I have had. True blessing!

I am thankful!

To think that these graduates, 20 years later than me, are graduating in a pandemic and didnt get to have their Senior year and Senior memories, like I did, breaks my heart for them as I cherish those memories, such as Powder Puff football challenge, our Senior show, Senior skip days and more! Great.....great memories that I will forever hold in my heart!

This guy!
Did I think I was going to marry him?!
No
Were we friends in high school. Sure. We didnt 'hang out' with each other as we both had different friend groups
Can I believe I married a high school guy?
No
I had no idea me going off to Auburn would lead my heart to a guy that I graduated with...but Im thankful it did!
This guy has my heart and always has!
This girl!
Wow to say I have grown and changed in 20 years! I am not the same girl that is in this picture though I get told 'You havent changed a bit since high school' to me all the time. This girl was determined to live life to the fullest, to achieve my hopes and dreams and to strive to be my best. Still working every day on being the best version of me but Im liking who I have become!
Found this little gem! Throwback to my Senior days! Allllll these once 'kids'...now we are all old and getting grey! ha! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment