Thursday, September 27, 2018

A date night of the BEST kind!

So last night Tyler and I had the BEST date night...along with about 30,000 other people with us! {if not more!} :)

We had dinner at Jeffersons and then hit the Alabama and Friends benefit concert for JSU since all proceeds went towards the tornado, it was a great night!

We had some rain...but based on how the radar looked it was a perfection of a night to have a concert! The storms went away and we enjoyed some great music!

Jamey Johnson, Jason Isbell, The Southern Momma, Charlie Daniels AND Alabama! That is just the ones I knew...there were TONS of other performers that donated their time and music to the cause!

Some of my co-workers and I kicked off the fun day with a great luncheon that we were invited to from the Consumer Services department! Their students have to cook, serve and prepare everything as part of one of their courses for a grade. The chicken pot pie was soooo good! They did a great job and we enjoyed them hosting us!
 When we got there, it was raining some....but for the rest of the night it held off with just an occasional drop or so here and there!
 There was a HUGE crowd!
 These two sat close! We rocked out at Taylor Swift and did it again...even more, to Alabama! :)
 My forever date! We had such a great time!
JSU Strong!
 Charlie Daniels...........81 years old! KILLED it! I did not take this picture...but this was him last night! Amazing!
 LOOK at the CHECK amount! The concert raised that much money! SO awesome! Such a great night! I am so glad Tyler and I went! I debated throughout the whole day if I should try and sell my tickets because the weather was looking so bad and it was already storming. I just couldnt sell them and I am SO glad I didnt because it was totally worth it to go! We had a great time and it was history in the making! For years and years to come, JSU will be known for the tornado that hit on March 19, 2018 and how Jacksonville came together and became bigger, better and stronger! I am so thankful that though we were hit, God had his hand on my little family of four and everyone in Jacksonville that was affected! Thanks to Nan and Pawpaw for taking the girls to eat and to their Church before bringing them home and getting them to bed for us! Couldnt have had a great date night without their help!



No comments:

Post a Comment