Saturday, November 26, 2016

Callaway day trip!

We had a great little trip to Callaway yesterday with Gran, Ben and Andrew.

It was the most beautiful weathered day to get out and enjoy some sight seeing, shopping, seeing Callaway and then seeing the 8 million.....yes!!....I said 8 million Christmas lights!

It was beautiful!

Our little family of 4 ready to see the butterflies!
Andrew and the girls!
Gran and the girls!
Meet this guy! So, funny story. As we were entering the butterfly house, everyone coming out was saying...'That is SO cool that a famous person is here and he stars in The Walking Dead!' Well, as soon as I heard that....I knew I had to find this person because I know how obsessed Meg and Mal are with that show. I have never seen one episode. So, I didnt see the person because he had already walked out and into the gift shop so I told Andrew if he knew who they were talking about so Andrew pointed to him. He was just standing over in the gift shop....like a normal person...just standing there....no one was standing in line to take a picture of him or anything. So, Andrew says...'That's him'...............so me not having a clue who he is...walked over to him. He was so nice and so 'normal' and so I asked him if I could take a picture with him! He smiled a shy smile and said sure! So we did!
Sooo....as Andrew and I were heading back to the butterfly house, Andrew goes 'Yeah...that wasnt him, that was just some random guy that you got a picture with!' I ABOUT DIED! Andrew started dying laughing.....and I believed him and was soooo embarrassed that I had just asked some random person to take a picture with me and that I was sure that he thought I was an idiot! Well, Andrew let me believe this for a little bit and then told me that it actually was Carl from the Walking Dead!
So, I texted Meg and Mal the picture and they about died!!!!
They were soooo super jealous and was begging me to go back and talk to him more and Meg sent me a picture of her as him for Halloween and wanted me to show him! ha!
Well, I did go back and he had already left! Mal said that he got accepted to Auburn and will be starting Auburn in the Spring! I thought that was super cool when I found that out!
I am ALLLL about meeting famous people.....STARS!....but talk about super awkward if you dont know who they are and are unsure you wont be arrested for asking strange people to take a picture with you! :)
The Butterfly house was beautiful! The girls loved seeing the TONS of butterflies flying around everywhere!
Look at all of them flying around her in the back!
Checking them all out!
 She stood there forever trying to get one to land on her finger! :)
And...one never did! But....one stayed on Lily's head for awhile....and she never even knew it! :)
They were so pretty and there were so many different colors, etc. I couldnt stay in there long though because it was soooooooooo HOT in there! I couldnt get over how warm it was! I was sweating like a pig! {It doesnt take much for me to sweat like a pig though!} :)
Callaway had beautiful Christmas decorations! It was a perfect day trip to kick off Christmas!
This poinsettia tree was huge!
It was beautiful out there!
We watched the birds of prey show! Super fun!

Tyler took this awesome picture! The birds flew sooooo close to our heads!
Pine Mountain was right down from Callaway and it was the cutest little town. They had cute shops so we walked around and enjoyed the afternoon! I love old beautiful towns like this!
Then it was time for the Callaway in Lights! They had a little Christmas Village with local vendors that we walked around and shopped at while waiting for us to see the lights.
There were a ton of Christmas decorations everywhere!
Then we rode through the lights! They were sooooo pretty! There was music playing for each theme and it was all just beautiful!

This was my favorite by far! They played 'walking in a winter wonderland' while we drove through this. It was a TON of white flickering lights everywhere. It was just beautiful and by far my favorite! Right after this were a ton of snowflakes too. So pretty! My next favorite was the 12 days of Christmas! They had each day with what the 'true love' gave and played the song! Loved it!
They had a beautiful fountain in lights and then this over the water! I loved that too because all the lights reflected off the water!
We ended up not spending the night because we were done by 7:30 Georgia time and it wasnt a bad drive at all so we were back home by 8:30. Just in time for the girls to hit the bed! :)
Perfection! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment