Saturday, December 24, 2022

Mine and Tyler's Christmas gift!

 Our gift to each other came early this year and it was fabulous! 

JSU offered a ski trip to Boone, North Carolina and we took advantage! It was cheap and a great way for Tyler and I to see if we like to ski or not.

The Messers have been wanting us to go skiing with them in Utah and for us to pay that much money and hate skiing, we just couldnt see doing  it.

Well................

we are hooked!

I want the real snow now!

Tyler was SO good at it and I caught on and by the last day........we didnt want to leave!

We didnt know the 3 other JSU students that went with us but we all instantly got along and had a great time together!

We arrived just in time to have dinner and get to our cabin. We unloaded and geared up for NIGHT skiing! Yeah...never skiing before...and doing it at night scared me to be honest. I just didnt know if I was going to handle all of it well. WELL....BOY was I wrong! It was perfection! We went to ski school and learned the ropes and then hit an easy slope the rest of the night. It was awesome!

Meet Andrew. Yeah....a 20 year old JSU student. Not been around a typical 20 year old guy....

and I felt like his mother and there were multiple times that I was like good grief with his energy and his slang words but he was such a nice guy and I didnt mind being his Mom! :)

My very first view of skiing! Not bad!

We were READY!

We may not have known what in the world we were doing in this picture..........but we look like we do!

Fake it until you make it! ha!

His very first time on skis! We closed the place down and headed back to CRASH! Ski school success and ready for more the next FULL day!

Our cabin! SO quaint! But..........OUT in the boonies and up a loooonnggg and bumpy gravel pit {is what I call it because it was NOT a road or path} ha! Whew!

Here we go! NO more ski school. Just us and the slopes! BOY...I did need more ski school. Not going to lie! Took some falls. We all did, well except Andrew. He goes all the time but the rest of us....yeah...it was laughable! 

A perfection of a day! This was Appalachian MTN. After going to Sugar MTN the next day...I would not go back here because Sugar was amazing but we still had a great time here!

First time on a lift! I loved this! Only thing....you go up...and there is NO going down on the lift so you have to ski down.......................... OR..............carry your skis and walk down the mountain...like I did a couple of times! :)

Lily made me this and I cherished it the whole trip!

I mean PRO! He loved it!

The crew! Great time with them! We stayed here all day and then left to go to pick up dinner and head back to the cabin to crash. It was a great day!

Last day! Sugar MTN is the best! We will be back here! Want to bring the girls and make a trip out of it! We didnt want to leave here because we were comfortable and bigger and the snow was more like snow and not ice like the other place. It was the best.

I mean...this view!

Here we go!


This was the slope we did! Tyler was awesome. He would ski down and then stop and take his off and help me down...sometimes try and catch me....and helped me really learn how to control myself and ski. It was perfection! We skied down this and it was beautiful!

Going up the lift to ski down again.....and again...and again! We kept going!

The picture doesnt do it justice. Beautiful and such a great day!

I mean see!

Tyler went up a couple of times to do it more while I rested and videoed him coming down!

Just beautiful!

This was at the bottom once we made it down! Then we would get on the lift to go back up! We left around lunch time. Turned in our rentals and had lunch and then made it home around 8:30! The girls enjoyed time with Nan and Pawpaw so got them and were home to crash after!

No comments:

Post a Comment