Sunday, May 1, 2016

At the top!

We had an impromptu trip to Cheaha State Park today!

It was soooo beautiful and a perfect day too!

I havent been up to the highest peak in Alabama in a very long time. So long that I dont even remember anything about it!

The girls loved going down the trail and then looking out over Bald Rock! {My goodness, we were high up...but not near as high as we were when we went to California which is incredible to believe!}

We capped off the afternoon by meeting Nan and Pawpaw at Pizza Hut followed by being at home now as the rain falls having 'family movie night' as Alexis calls it watching Puss In Boots!

A perfect day!

We made our way down the trail! So sweet....Daddy and little daughter holding hands and chatting as they made their way down! :)
This chick said she was 'super SUPER brave' and wanted me to take a picture of her on every rock she climbed! :) Sooooo, I did! :)
LOVE this picture! My whole world right here!
Lily was a little scared on this one! Daddy had to hold her tight! :)
Here is another one! My brave chick!
And really brave! :)
And we made it to Bald Rock! SO breathtaking!  Alexis asked where all was certain places and Daddy pointed it all out in the direction it was all in. Then she asked...'Okay, Daddy, where is China!' Bahahahaha!!! :)
Daddy and his girls!
Bald Rock models! :)
Then we went down to the 'beach' and did some canoeing! The girls worked on perfecting their paddling skills!
Beautiful view while we paddled!
This little girl LOVES....and I mean LOVES to pick flowers.....and her favorite person to give them to is ME! :) It melts my heart every.single.time. she brings me some! Everywhere we go, and she sees pretty flowers....she picks them and cant wait to hand them to me! I have constantly gotten flowers out of her cubby at Kids 1st where she had picked them earlier in the school day and put them in there to give to me that afternoon! It makes me smile! :) :)
They played and played and swang on the playground behind her for awhile before they got in the water!
Tyler and I got a little sun while these two got in the water on the 'beach'. It wasnt to cold but it wasnt warm either. The water was really shallow so they mostly just walked around and tried to catch fish! ha!
After, we got dried off and I changed the girls into dry clothes and we headed up to the Cheaha restaurant and we enjoyed a great buffet while overlooking an amazing view! It was an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment