Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy Happy Happy New Year!!

WOW!! It is 2014! Kicking off 2014 today with a bang!

Nothing better than getting started with some of Daddy's famous pancakes to make the start of 2014 great! We got some yummy Blueberry pancake mix from our 1st annual Dirty Santa game, and they were good!  We had a low key morning watching the Rose bowl parade! I have to say we were amazed at some of the floats! They were beautiful and it is so neat to me how they make every little detail out of flowers, beans, etc!! I think that is SO cool!

We had our first VERY BIG dramatic event already for the early hours of 2014! Lily's beloved Giraffe went missing! We could not find that thing any where!! She was hysterical to put it mildly when it was nap time because she did not have her Giraffe!! We tore our house apart trying to find it for her. It could not have gone anywhere {meaning it was in our house somewhere...but WHERE was the question!!} Thankfully, she finally passed out {or more like it cried herself to sleep} for her nap. Just when we were about to have to leave to meet La La...Tyler found it!!! Daddy to the rescue! Oh my gracious...over a stuffed Giraffe!! Lily loves that stuffed thing though!! Thank goodness he found it, under the couch!!! {How it got there blows my mind!!}

Alexis and Lily are having a sleep over with La La, Meg, Mal and uncle Vic in Birmingham!! They both were beyond excited about spending the night with them!! They just could not wait to leave!! {makes Mommy and Daddy feel real special!} ;)
 We met La La in Pell City to get the girls so Tyler and I decided to enjoy our afternoon by Thrift shopping!! Yes, that is right we hit the Thrift stores!! I have to say..Tyler's got the 'eye' for finding some really cute, name brand sweaters, etc!!! I got 5 pieces of clothes...totaling $10 dollars!!! Could not believe it!! Banana Republic, Old Navy, Gap, White house Black market!! BAM!! Talk about a deal!! We celebrated our finds by eating at our favorite Mexican place...Los Mex!! And now we are at home...enjoying the peace and quiet!! :)  It has been a great afternoon!!

The girls get to enjoy the day tomorrow with the Murphy's while Mommy and Daddy head back to the grind! Yep, Christmas break is over and it is back to work for us! It has been a great...great break! I have really enjoyed my time off and cant wait till next year for another long break! :)

Sooooo much fun together!! Wish I was with them!! Chucky Cheese is sooo fun! The girls are in Heaven!!
Thanks La La!! My girls love spending time with her!
Love my Meg!! ................. and my Lily!! :)
This girl is having a blast!!
Toooo cute for words!!! To continue the fun...they headed to the pet store! They said Lily named it Buttercup! :)
 I say our first day of 2014 was great! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment