Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Time slow down!


Where has the time gone? My two girls are just growing up so fast and it just doesnt seem like it is that time already to have a Kindergartner.....or to have a toddler who is speaking in sentences now as well as telling me that she needs to potty! :)

We had a BIG as well as an emotional day for me! My sweet little baby is no where near being a baby anymore. She met her Kindergarten teacher tonight! It just doesnt seem real that it is that time already for her to go to school! It makes my heart smile and yet sad at the same time to know that time is just speeding away with my little girl! She was so excited tonight to see her friends, see who was in her class, see her new classroom and meet her teacher!

Mrs. Pollard was so nice! I have heard great things about her, so I am excited about the year! Alexis was SO excited when she saw that her friend Leeland and Avigail were both in her class! Not to mention her friend Carli, Nick, and Dorian were across the hall! I love how she is making sweet little friends and I am SO excited to watch them grow as friends together!

I am excited about this big chapter starting for Alexis! I cant wait to see her shine and grow throughout her Kindergarten year!

And.....for Lily! Tonight when we got home, Lily came running up to me and said "potty, Mommy" so I took her into the bathroom...............and she went! She sat on the toilet for a minute...and I thought it was going to be like the other times where she would then just try to get down. Well, I saw her face concentrating.....and next thing I know.........she is going! She was SO SO SO excited for herself!! I cheered for her and she just laughed and had the biggest smile on her face because she knew what she had just done and she was SO happy for herself! Well shall see if that was just a "fluke" or if this will continue!! BUT I  was sooooo happy she went! :)

So, yes this afternoon was a little emotional for me as I put my two little girls to bed....because they are getting further and further away from being "little" everyday!  I just always want to cherish the little and big things that they are doing/experiencing as they are still "little" to me!


Oh my gracious is all I can say when I picked Alexis up from Summer Camp today!! This week is the last week of Summer Camp because school starts next week so they have been doing fun and different things because of it being the last week. Well TODAY of all days....they had what they called a "color run". They had sooo much fun...but it was SO SO SO messy. Alexis was pink, yellow, and orange from head to toe with colored paint stuff. Literally her hair to her toes were colored! I was soo surprised to see her! Thank goodness I had time to rush home and give her a bath before Kindergarten Orientation even though I just couldnt get it all out of her hair despite scrubbing it for 15 minutes! I got alot of questions from everyone asking what happened to her hair at Orientation...and they didnt even see how it was BEFORE I scrubbed it! :)

She is o-FISH-ally a Kindergartner!!

Avi is in her class! Alexis was so happy when she found out!

Sweet Leeland is in her class too!!

And.....this is Mrs. Pollard!
I forewarned her about how Alexis loves to sing ALL the time...but I dont think Mrs. Pollard knows what she is getting herself into with Alexis! :)
I am so excited for the upcoming year with her being Alexis' teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment