Wednesday, June 2, 2021

The Hollywood sign!

 Alllll my life....I have wondered what it is like to see the Hollywood sign in California!

The last time I went to San Diego to visit Blake, I thought we might get to see it then! Well, Blake was new to the area and had thought it would take like 5 hours to get there from where he lived. Well, come to find out.................it is only an hour and a half!!

SO....there was NO doubt that the next time I came to visit......I was going to MAKE IT happen to see it!

And...I did just that!

Rented a car...

and we took off!

So excited!

We trekked up a HUGE mountain and made it to Griffith park! Well, that was beautiful and all...but we quickly realized to actually get to the top {from there} to the sign...we were going to have to hike 6 miles. 

SO we said NO! ha!

I asked a local man and he immediately told us a better place/park to go that the locals know to see the sign so we took off there! {let me remind you....if we didnt have our car...none of this would have been possible!} 

The ride to the 'local area' was pretty scary at times! ha! I had to go around some sharp curves. Up some really high peaks but we made it and it was a cool experience to see all the fancy homes as we passed alllll the way to the top!

 Just like what I imagined from the movies!

Some Cali girls!


It ws further away than we had hoped...yet it seemed so close too! There was a beautiful park with bright green grass right below us that you can kind of see behind them.

Lily bug!
Love!
The view was neat to see with alllll the homes along!


No comments:

Post a Comment