Thursday, May 16, 2013

Throwback Thursday~Alexis' first day of Preschool!

So...in honor of my little girl graduating!............this Throwback Thursday is
"For a look back in time" at Alexis' very first day of Preschool!

The day was October 8, 2008!

She was just over 3 months old when she started Preschool for the first time at Bright Horizons in Birmingham. It was a really great daycare. It was a "benefit" of my job for her to be able to go there. It was only open for my company's children. Though.....she did get several "love bites" as they called them and scratched pretty good by a fellow friend..overall she had a really great experience there!

We were really sad to leave her sweet friends and teachers when we decided to move her closer to our house when I had a job transfer to the other building on 280. We tried her at Cahaba Valley Learning Center for about a month....and she HATED it!.........I hated it too! It just was not a good "fit" for Alexis to roam and learn. She would cry nearly every morning when I dropped her off...{and Alexis never clings and cries...she usually is so happy to go off and do things!}....and so it broke my heart every time! So, I finally said enough with there and Tyler and I decided to transfer her to The Goddard School.
 It was a good bit more expensive and of course Tyler and I wondered how we could fit it in our budget....but it was SO worth it! I learned a very valuable lesson.....that it doesnt matter how much it cost, your child should always be happy when they have to stay at a place all day...everyday! So she transferred there when she was 2 and LOVED it! The teachers were all so nice and she made sooo many friends! {You should have seen how many friends she had at her 2nd birthday party!}...it was so cute!
When Tyler found out he got his new job at JSU we were faced with moving and finding a new school for Alexis to go to. Lily was just a baby so for her adjusting wasnt going to be as bad as Alexis. I was sooo worried that we would not be able to find a place where Alexis loved and learned as much as Goddard. Well, when we finally made the move to Jacksonville...we visited several schools and found Wee Care at First Baptist Church of Jacksonville! She has been there ever since our move! She has loved it there. She has learned so much about the Bible, and Jesus too. She will miss there when she leaves for Kindergarten....but dont worry....she is SO excited about "big" school!

I will NEVER forget this picture! I took this picture right before we walked out the door to go to Preschool for the first day! I remember thinking....'oh look, she is smiling at me...I want to stay here with her all day and not go to work!' I SO hoped that she would have a great first day.....and her teachers said she did! :)

This was the very next day! Her second day of going to school! Look at those chubby cheeks!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment