Sunday, July 22, 2018

This is...

This day is never one I like to think about. The years grow in number but it's like it was yesterday in my mind. I know Heaven is one lucky place to have him. ❤️❤️ I just love this old picture of my Dad and I!

 8 years ago today....it was a really....really...really bad day! Fast forward 8 years...I can only help but think that God played a huge roll in the before and after doings of my Dad's passing.
Today...8 years ago...I look at where I am. I look at my little family...I see how beautiful they are, how blessed I am, how I know...without a doubt...that my Dad is SO proud of me and is looking after me and them!
 She is just growing super fast!
 These two girls have a pretty special Angel looking over them!
 Little miss Sassy thing! :)
 This is a day...that is super hard... but seeing these two...seeing them laugh and seeing them have 'the best day ever' {per them as they jump in the sprinkler} I know that my Dad did not want me to dwell on this day. He doesnt want me to be sad. That was just him. He never wanted the spotlight on him...and not even now.
 I truly believe...that he had a say in when he died. Instead of me having to always have this horrible day to think about....it was planned that instead, I get to spend my day planning mine and Tyler's anniversary as it is always the day after this day. We get to be excited in planning and having our anniversary. We get to watch, today, our sweet girls smile and laugh and have fun!
I am thankful that I have him watching over us. I am thankful that he is there and I know that he is in a better place. I am excited in knowing that one day, I will get to see him again.
This day may be hard...but this day is a day that I am most thankful and blessed and grateful to have him watching over me!
 These two may not ever know or remember Pops....but they had one pretty awesome grandfather! I hope that he got to see their smiles and hear their squeals all the way to Heaven! So today, this day...we had a great day! It was filled with Church, lunch with Church friends, cheer practice for Lily and then the rest of the afternoon playing outside until a nice, big, rainfall fell.
Love and miss you always Pops!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment