Tuesday, April 7, 2020

A glimpse!

Im not going to post every day........of how this virtual learning this is going....

but I figure I should for a couple of the 1st days just for my memory and to know that I did...actually...survive these days! :)

Today.....I give an 8/10 compared to yesterday was a 3/10! Today we were ready! Today we were more organized and learned from our mistakes from the day before! Lily had more workspace room...Alexis was in her room so she had more space and less distractions too! I am learning {slowly...very slowly...but learning} how to navigate...my work....my Teams meetings......figuring out how to be a computer password/tech wiz.......Lily's meetings/classes/school work...Alexis' meetings/classes/school work/cheer as well as fix lunch....take care of two cats...wash clothes...clean up...cook dinner........you know...the list goes on...and on........................and on! :)

This cracked me up and seemed SO fitting for today! Facebook world loved this too!

Caption:
Day 2 of this virtual learning thing and one student is 100 percent ready and the other.......well is still rebelling! {because of the picture I posted yesterday of Soccer on top of the desk!} Tooooo funny!
Lily...............waiting SOOOO patiently! She was 30 minutes late getting into her Google meeting because we had technical difficulties. We ended up having the wrong code to get into the meeting {her face in hand here} soooo we finally got in. Luckily Mrs. Nelson had just finished up reading a book and had just started math...so Lily really didnt miss anything.
READY to conquer math!
Soooo...I got her settled. She was working away....so I worked too! This worked great because I got work done but had my eye on her if she needed help, etc...especially since us parents are supposed to be right there with them during everything {enter face in hand here too}
Soooo.....yeah.....I got her into her Google meeting/class...........and the camera worked...and she could hear Mrs. Nelson and her classmates....but I just could not get her microphone to work on her end. So...because of that......she had to use some sign language! ha! She had to do a thumbs up to show Mrs. Nelson that she was done with a math page! ha!
Lily finished her assignments....did her IXL's....and went outside to play for a little bit before the rain comes!
We had lunch and then it was her turn! Today was math. Everyday is a different subject. Mrs. Hayes cant do online/voice, etc from her home {for some reason...starting to understand why from my end!} so Alexis has to review....do....math from power points and learn it on her own. They are working on Statistics right now. Yeah.....{I took Stats at Auburn...knew I was going to fail it so I dropped it and took it that next summer at Southern Union} sooo....you can imagine how much help I am at this! {Enter hand in face here too!} But....she trucked through it...and finished her test and made a 30/33 on it! She was soooooo proud!
Tomorrow she has Science.....with the entire 6th grade class........again...OH me! Hopefully they all have gotten allllll their questions out and are ready to listen and learn tomorrow! Thank goodness Alexis has moved to her room so I dont have to hear it tomorrow in case it was like yesterday! {Enter face in hand again...that it isnt like yesterday!}
In an hour...Alexis has another virtual session with her two Varsity Mentors {Angelina and Chloe} at 3:30 to go over chants and learn more cheers. Then she has a group meeting with her cheer squad and coach via google meet {to see everyone} at 6:30.
Whew!
Lily had art today...so I helped her with this that I have been wanting to do! I love it! Look how BIG Tyler's hand is compared to ours! ha! AND............Alexis' hand is as big as mine! AHH!!! Makes me sad!
So.........today went a little smoother. We didnt have any meltdowns today {Lily was a rockstar being so patient as we got her in which did my heart some good!} and now..........as I type this....I am about to take a nap! It is getting nice and dark outside with the rain about to come in..............I am tired.....so nap sounds fabulous! {Insert last face in hand here..........like I will be able to take a nap with the washer and dryer going...emails dinging...two cats....and Alexis. and Lily.............and dinner preparations needing to happen coming up!} :)

No comments:

Post a Comment