Sunday, April 12, 2020

Times have changed-Easter 2020!

Times have changed.....

but Easter hasnt!

Today we celebrate Easter and the tomb being empty. I saw where someone said.......all the Churches are empty today but LOOK at what an empty Church and an empty tomb can do.

I loved that.

We have missed not have family time with going to Aunt Pam's and hiding Easter eggs with everyone while we eat the TONS of food. And we miss going somewhere really yummy to eat on Easter Sunday with Nan, Pawpaw and Brandi after Easter church service but Easter is not about all of that and I think today {of all days} we understand that as the world is living in this pandemic that we are surrounded by. It is sad times but God has a plan. Just look what happened today...all those years ago.

We had a great Church service online, decorated Easter eggs {yesterday} cooked out for 'Easter lunch' {with the best and juiciest tasting burgers EVER!} and are having a great movie day with each other since we cant go anywhere else or do anything else due to the virus. It is storming today as well so just being safe and at home is exactly where I want to be! God is telling us rest, be with your family, love and know that I am with you.

He is Risen indeed!

I took some 'Easter decor pictures' a couple of days ago. I love decorating for holidays! Love Easter with bunnies and eggs and crosses and just all of it! :) Lily posed for me in her 'school space' while I took some pictures! :)
Some eggs here...some there....just love! And...this porcelain basket was something Nannie gave me years ago from her collection of decor. I love it!
The girls did the best Easter paintings the other week. I love them on the mantle!
Love this huge Easter bunny! :)
We had the best day yesterday! It was a gorgeous day and we soaked it up to the max! The girls had a 'field day' full of playing games and just being outside and having fun and laughs! We also decorated Easter eggs! We always love doing this each year and COVID-19 cant stop us from that! :)
Alexis' turned out super cute!
Love Lily's!
We also had an Easter photo shoot! I actually hadnt even bought Easter dresses this year, yet, before the virus hit and all the stores closed so it sort of worked out that we didnt have a matching family Easter outfit. Im not sad about it. Again, Easter is not about that! But...you know me...and taking pictures...to hold on to memories....I wanted an 'Easter photo!' SO...it isnt a matching Easter outfit full family photo...but this will work! This picture marks the times have changed...for now and for now...I will pull out some cute outfits that they girls have had...and throw some bright colored Easter eggs on the ground...and take my pictures! :) And...that is what I did! :)
OH...I love this one!
She is just growing up soooo fast!
My two girls!
One of my favorites!
They cooperated with me SO well!..........with me telling them to please just work with me and smile...and they could eat Easter candy after! ha! I do what I have to do! :)
My favorite!
Nan came and put some goodies on our porch! The girls were super excited! I put the girl's Easter eggs in the picture for another look at them too! ha!
And today is the day! Easter Sunday..............in our home! We got semi dressed and ready to listen to our Church service! Lily wanted a picture with Soccer! :)
Ready for Easter Sunday 2020! It looks a lot different that all the years past....but, the message is still the same! He is Risen! OH what a DAY!
And...I had a cameo in our Easter service. I didnt know that I would soon be a YouTube star! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment