Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Our hearts are full!

Oh sweet Jaycee...

we grabbed her today and took her with us for a fun day because Mrs. Stephanie needed a little break from a full of life...busy little 5 year old.

We had such a full and fun day with friends...and it was much needed!

Jaycee had a moment, on our way home where I looked back in the rear view mirror and she was tearing up. Lily and Alexis were doing everything they could to ask her what was wrong...and to make her talk...and make her laugh and to stop her from looking like she was about to cry....

So, I pulled over in a parking lot and had a little talk with them.

Oh my heart.

Alexis and Lily doesnt know how tough it is for Jaycee...or the fact that she has and will continue.....in years to come have moments where all of a sudden a sad moment will come out of nowhere.

So, I talked with Jaycee and told her that I was just like her.....

that I lost my Daddy quickly in a car wreck too...so we are the same..so I know exactly how she feels.

You should have seen the look on her face...

she had a look of surprise...and relief that I was 'like her.' I explained to her that when I get sad..and miss my Dad, that I look up to the sky and know that he is in Heaven at that very second looking down at me smiling..and then I put her hand over her heart and said...that her Daddy is always in her heart and will never leave....and to always do that and it will help when she is sad and missing him.

It seemed to help! She smiled at me and perked up and was fine the rest of the late afternoon with us! I feel like I was meant to be placed, today, with Jaycee. No matter what else or who else I could have been with or doing...it was meant for me to have her today so I could talk to her and let her know that we are the 'same.' It made my heart happy.

I pray for Jaycee....     sweet girl!

We did some shopping before meeting Mrs. Alison and Sara Kate at Olive Garden for lunch! Yum O!
After lunch..we headed to see the new movie Wonder. It was a sweet movie about being kind to others. It was over Lily and Jaycee's head some, but they sat and watched it anyways!....and didnt talk or act up! They were awesome!
Two sweet little friends!
Sweet crew!
Then we went over to Finley and Elyn's house to see their new treehouse! They have a treehouse like we are getting and we have been meaning to make it to their house for weeks now and just haven't so today was the day! We brought Jaycee with us and they all played and played...and checked out all of their animals! They have chickens...rabbits...dogs..cats...fish...and the coolest bird! The bird and I became best friends! I want one!
They swang and swang! They could have played in their HUGE backyard forever!
I LOVE this picture! Lily is SO ticklish...and so every time the bird would move...she would bust out laughing! It was hilarious!! She was not sure of it but warmed up quickly! :) :)
We met Daddy at the new pizza place, Wiseguys, on the Square before heading home. It was not good...but loved the building it is in...so probably wont be back...but we SO enjoyed our full and fun day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment